Wednesday, September 27, 2006

Still in Voronezh

It is now Wednesday night in Voronezh, and our week of ministry is drawing to a close. On Thursday we will be going to Bobrov Youth Prison (the same one as last year) to minister to the boys there. We then travel back to the meeting hall to have a dinner with people that we've met throughout the week. I am hoping to go to visit my friend Oleg and his family tomorrow evening, but there are a few details to work out before that can happen. I don't want to ruffle any feathers since the schedule this week has already be thrown into upheaval many times.

On Friday we have our last day in Voronezh. We are going to visit a famous painter named Uri in the morning followed by a bus tour of the city. Then it's off to the culinary school for our final meal with the church group. We then have about 3-4 hours of free time with our interpreters before we load up our bags and head off to the train station. We take the overnight train to Moscow where we will spend the day on Saturday. Finally we leave Sunday morning to return to the US.

This week has gone by so much more quickly than last year, and I am already missing some of the friends that I have made here. I wish there was an easy way to get here (like a Star Trek teleporter) so that I could visit them all the time. Maybe Nickie and I can sell the house and move here by year's end......JUST KIDDING (sorta). :)

Well, it is late, and I have to pay for the time on the computer or the bandwidth that I use, whichever is greater, so I need to keep this post short. I'll try to post more when we get to Moscow.

No comments: