Tuesday, September 12, 2006

My First Post

Well, I've finally broken down and created my own blog. I've been wrestling with the idea for a long time, and have always had questions about it:
  • Do I need one?
  • What will I talk about?
  • Will anyone read what I write?
  • Why don't I just put this stuff on my normal web site (www.elfcc.com)?

So, over the past few weeks I've encountered a few times where I wish I had remembered something - usually while working on a web site. I would encounter a problem that I knew I had solved before, but I just couldn't remember when or where. So I had to search for quite some time through all my project files to re-find the solution. I'm tired of doing that now.

Also, my friend Kelsey has been telling me for a while now that I needed to get a blog up and running. Today is his birthday, so what better present than to give in to his demands and get the blog going. Happy Birthday Kelsey! BTW, you can check out Kelsey's blog at www.TheMoleskin.com - it's much cooler than mine.

But what really has made me decide to finally do this is that I am leaving for a short-term mission trip to Russia on September 21, and I want an easy way to let my friends and family back home know what I'm up to while I'm there. There are several Internet cafes in Russia that I'll have occasional access to, so I should be able to post a couple times while I'm there. This will also keep my wife from having to send out a bunch of emails to everyone on my list.

So there you have it. My first post. That wasn't too hard. : )

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Heh. You finally joined the blogosphere.