Friday, September 22, 2006

I'm now in Moscow

We have all made it safely to Moscow. Our flight arrived about 15 minutes early, and we all made it through the customs lines without incident. We met up with our bus and after experiencing the Moscow version of lunch time traffic, we made it to the hotel.

Because it was the morning here, we needed to stay up all day to get our internal clocks adjusted to the new time zone. So, we walked down the block to the Metro (subway) station and took a ride in to Red Square. It never ceases to amaze me when I walk on the cobble stone street in RED SQUARE!! I never thought I'd ever see it, and now I've been here twice.

We had an added bonus. As we walked towards St. Basil's Cathedral, we noticed that it was open to the public (for a small fee). Not one of our team members had ever been inside, and some of them have been coming to Russia for over 6 years! It is really cool to stand inside a building that was constructed over 400 years ago.

After the tour we decided that it was time for dinner, but one of our team members had not yet arrived in Moscow. This lead to some logistical problems and lots of walking up and down stairs, but exercise is good for you, right? We finally made it to the restaurant back in our hotel and had some great Russian food!

Well, it's getting late and I need to get to bed soon. We have a long day (and week) ahead of us. I'll post again when I have the opportunity.

No comments: